Conserve Land and Wildlife
Pennsylvania is blessed with spectacular natural areas, from forested ridges and sweeping valleys to twisting rivers and lush meadows, as well as some of the most fertile farmland in the nation. But many of these areas are threatened by development. Environmental Stewardship Fund investments are instrumental in conserving these places, ensuring that future generations will be able to enjoy and appreciate them the way we do now.
- 106,000+ acres of productive farmland preserved
- 727,000+ acres of natural areas and community open space conserved (funded in part by the Environmental Stewardship Fund)
- Pennsylvania Land Trust Census Reports (Pennsylvania Land Trust Association)
- Bureau of Farmland Preservation Annual Reports (Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture)
- 2015 State Land Use and Growth Management Report (Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development)
- Why Preserve Farmland? (Pennsylvania Land Trust Association)