Protect Water Quality
Pollution has impaired more than 24,000 miles of Pennsylvania’s rivers and streams, making them unsafe for fishing, swimming, and other uses. Environmental Stewardship Fund investments restore the health of these damaged waterways and help protect them from future pollution. Communities also use grants funded by the Environmental Stewardship Fund to ensure safe drinking water for their residents, treat wastewater, and manage stormwater.
- 1,500+ projects to improve water quality, prevent water pollution, and control flooding
- 600+ miles of streams improved
- 350+ projects to improve drinking water and wastewater facilities
- Ensuring Safe Drinking Water, Protecting and Restoring the Health of Waterways, and Reducing Flooding in Pennsylvania (Pennsylvania Land Trust Association)
- Integrated Water Quality Report (Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection)